Thursday, 24 March 2016

Maybe I Should Tell Myself The Truth...

I wish you could just show me what I'm looking for.
A shadow beneath the surface.
A darkness hiding from the light.
Is it that I'm so confused?
I wish you could be honest with me and tell me the truth.
Why are you yelling?
Ghosts are falling.
Walls are crashing down.
I trusted you to show me.
The dark doesn't seem so lonely anymore.
Maybe I'm just not lonely because I have you.
Even if you're not real.
I guess I could tell myself the truth...
I wish you had loved me like I loved you.
Nothing like before.

I wish you could just show me what I'm looking for.
I noticed the darkness creep up.
Walls are no longer crashing.
I'm the one that's falling.
I should have realized that I needed time.
Before, I was just a little girl.
Now my innocence is gone.
Because no one told me.
I should have looked at myself.
Mirrors were never my friend.
Blaming you for my mistakes.
I cried myself to sleep.
Maybe I should have told myself the truth...
It was not you who wounded me.
It was me.




No comments:

Post a Comment