Today I'm going to give you my review of the eighth Harry Potter story written by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany and Jack Thorne that takes place nineteen years after the Battle of Hogwarts.
I won't be giving away any spoilers, so don't worry!
Here's the summary as written in the book and on the Harry Potter Play website:
"It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.
While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places."
The first thing I want to mention is that I'm super happy to have some characters return in this story. There's definitely character development and I've changed my view on a few characters.
There's a plot twist at the end that kinda freaked me out. It involves Polyjuice potion and it's just really weird to see that character become someone else.
There's some new characters (obviously) such as Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley's children. Their children James, Albus Severus and Lily Potter are close friends with Ron Weasley and Hermoine Granger's children Rose Granger-Weasley and Hugo Granger-Weasley.
A character I really enjoyed reading about was Draco Malfoy. You start to see another side of him. I also enjoyed reading about his son, Scorpius Malfoy, who becomes good friends with Albus Severus Potter. It's an unlikely friendship, but I loved it and thought it really made things interesting.
I wasn't too big a fan of the way the book was written. I don't mind screenplay, but the previous Harry Potter stories were novels. This didn't do those novels justice in terms of writing format and techniques.
Overall, I'd give this book a solid 8 on 10.
I hope you enjoyed my little review. Let me know what you thought of the book! Did you like it? What didn't you like?
Leni-Anne Blacker
aka
NightNerd18

No comments:
Post a Comment