Sunday, 18 June 2017

I Got a Tattoo!

Hello lovelies!

Hope you're all doing well and are safe!

As you can tell from the blog title, I got a tattoo!

I've been wanting one for a long while now, and finally had the courage to get it done. I'm super proud of myself and I'll tell you all why.

Many of you know that I've struggled with multiple mental illnesses and still have an on-going battle with my mind every day. I've come a long way since 2014, when it got really bad and I got hospitalized for the first time.

In honour of myself, I got a tattoo. It's a semi-colon in the middle of a dragonfly.

The semi-colon stands for the story I continued living. Many times I thought about giving up and ending it all. I chose to finish my story and to keep going. As in literature, a semi-colon stands for the continuation of a sentence instead of a period or comma.

The dragonfly to me has always been an amazing creature with such an allure to it. It represents my will and self-realization. It reminds me of my worth and the happiness I deserve to have in my one wonderful life.

Here's a picture of what it looks like!





In an Instagram post (that you can view here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BVLopFDg19g/?taken-by=lenianne.blacker) I wrote a message to my followers that reads, 

"My first ever tattoo. The semicolon is for my battle with mental illnesses. I could have ended my story many times but I chose to continue on. The dragonfly is the symbol of my self-worth and realization. It was amazing to put all my pain and passion into one simple piece of art. Forever on my body, so I remember courage in the darker times of life. Honestly, live and love your life! It's the best thing you can do!"

I want you all to live your dreams and I hope you aspire to be the best person and best version of yourself that you can possibly be.

Remember, I'm proud of you and I love you.

Hope this post helped someone!

XOX,

Leni-Anne Blacker
aka
NightNerd18

No comments:

Post a Comment